Week of Food

Sunday, November 7 - This was the day of the *gulp* flapjacks. I made the Lemon Meringue Pie this day. It looked so good! Unfortunately, by the time we ate it the next day there was something different about it. The meringue pulled away from the crust (not a big deal) and it did this thing called "weeping" where little gel like blobs form on the meringue (yeah right, like pies weep. you're kidding me). Well it wept like Elsie Dinsmore, but still tasted good.



Monday, November 8 - Ravioli and garlic bread for
supper. We had the Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert.

Tuesday, November 8 - Baked Potato Soup
Mmmmm... one of my favorite soups besides cheesburger soup. If it didn't have meat in it, this is something I can imagine the critters of Redwall would eat. Whenever I read Redwall I find myself salivating like a Saint Bernard.
Wednesday, November 9 - Mashed Potatoes with Meatballs and Sauce, leftover Ambrosia fruit salad from Sunday and veggies (mom made me put those out...)
Thursday, November 10 - Banana Bread for lunch,
Fried fish, rice and broccoli for supper and Grandma's chocolate pudding for dessert (and whipped cream)





Friday, November 11 - Cinnamon rolls for breakfast... for some reason I didn't take a picture of supper.
 Saturday, November 12 - Mom's birthday! Walnut Linguine for supper and German chocolate cake for dessert.

Yep, Mom is 35 just like I'm 41.
She doesn't look a day over 34! *wink*

And these are the results of my week of slavery- er, um, working in the kitchen. I was so relieved when Mom finally hung up the cat o' nine tails... I mean, when I finally hung up the apron. Heh heh.

~Ruth

Comments

  1. It wept like Elsie Dinsmore...that made me laugh out loud, truly! And thanks for the tag at the end which proclaims my true age so no one is left in doubt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you'd enjoy that... and yes, I figured I'd put that just in case someone mistook your young looks for actually being 35 (BROWNIE POINTS!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh everything looked SO good Ruth!!!
    LOL The Elsie Dinsmore part made me laugh too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts