A Start

I guess it's time for an update. I have good news and bad news. Let's take the bad news first, shall we?

Well, it's been 19 days since my last post and I'm still not done with the first chapter of my novel. At this rate, I may have four chapters done by my deadline. As Seven of Nine would say, "Unacceptable."

The good news is, I'm working on the first chapter today, and I will not stop until it's done. A foolhardy promise, but one that I must stick to if I want to aspire to the title "authoress."

So here's how it stands. There are (depressingly) about ten weeks left of summer. I have eleven chapters to write (because, of course, I will finish the first one today...). I need to write 1.1 chapters a week to get my novel done. However, if I want any time for revision, say, three weeks, that's about a chapter and a half a week. Considering my current reputation, that's a hefty goal.

Well, that's how it is. Wish me luck!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts